Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Cocteau Twins

I started listening to the Cocteau Twins again but this time I've noticed a lot more about the music itself that is just so utterly grand I'm not sure I'll even be able to explain it.  They seem to be alarmingly ahead of their time (Late 70's to late 90's) and it's pretty apparent if you compare them to their contemporaries.

Elizabeth Fraser, the lead vocalist, impossibly captures every emotion with a distinct flicker and flutter of her voice.  Not only does it pair flawlessly with the actual instruments, it flows perfectly with your emotions as you listen.  I'd like to say they are a band that grew on me and it took me some time to realize how great they really are.

Although you might have to look up the inaudible lyrics, you might realize that you feel no different about the song:  Pure love.
Not sure about this video, but here is a song that illustrates their perfection:







-b

No comments:

Post a Comment